How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Side Mirror Replacement
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 7mm socket/ratchet
- 10mm socket/ratchet
- Phillips screwdriver
- Door panel clip removal tool or putty knife
- Medium flathead screwdriver
- Window crank removal tool (can be substituted)
Step 1: Remove the door panel using the Phillips screwdriver for 3 screws and the two 7mm bolts.
If you would like to see this process in greater detail, please refer to our door panel removal document.
Step 2: Remove the plugs that cover the 10mm bolts.
Step 3: Remove the three 10mm bolts that hold the side mirror in place.
NOTE: If you have power mirrors, you'll need to disconnect the wiring harness before removing the mirror.
Step 4: You can now remove the side mirror.
Step 5: Place the new side mirror in position and tighten the three retaining bolts.
If you have a power mirror, you can reconnect the electrical harness.
Step 6: Replace the insulators that cover the 10mm bolts.
Step 7: Begin reattaching the door panel.
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004 GMC Sonoma Mirror Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Headlight Replacement
- 1994-2004 GMC Sonoma Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2004 GMC Sonoma Side Mirror Replacement
- 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Side Mirror Replacement
- 1996-2004 GMC Sonoma Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2001-2004 GMC Sonoma Power Window, Door Lock Switch Replacement
- 2003 GMC Sonoma 4.3L Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
- 1999-2004 GMC Sonoma Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Front Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement