How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Side Mirror Replacement
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
- 7mm socket/ratchet
- 10mm socket/ratchet
- Phillips screwdriver
- Door panel clip removal tool or putty knife
- Medium flathead screwdriver
- Window crank removal tool (can be substituted)
Step 1: Remove the door panel using the Phillips screwdriver for 3 screws and the two 7mm bolts.
If you would like to see this process in greater detail, please refer to our door panel removal document.
Step 2: Remove the plugs that cover the 10mm bolts.
Step 3: Remove the three 10mm bolts that hold the side mirror in place.
NOTE: If you have power mirrors, you'll need to disconnect the wiring harness before removing the mirror.
Step 4: You can now remove the side mirror.
Step 5: Place the new side mirror in position and tighten the three retaining bolts.
If you have a power mirror, you can reconnect the electrical harness.
Step 6: Replace the insulators that cover the 10mm bolts.
Step 7: Begin reattaching the door panel.
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004 GMC Sonoma Mirror Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Headlight Replacement
- 1994-2004 GMC Sonoma Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2004 GMC Sonoma Side Mirror Replacement
- 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Side Mirror Replacement
- 1996-2004 GMC Sonoma Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2001-2004 GMC Sonoma Power Window, Door Lock Switch Replacement
- 2003 GMC Sonoma 4.3L Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
- 1999-2004 GMC Sonoma Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Front Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement