How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2005 Volkswagen Beetle Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- Flathead screwdriver
Step 1: Open the vehicle's trunk.
Step 2: Using the flathead screwdriver, remove the small, circular trim panel to expose a hand-screw.
Step 3: Loosen and remove the thumb-screw.
Step 4: You can now pull the tail light assembly from the vehicle.
Step 5: Disconnect the wiring harnesses from the back of the assembly.
NOTE: If your new tail light assembly includes bulbs and sockets, you can simply reconnect the harnesses and install it. However, if it doesn't, simply unscrew the sockets and bulbs and insert them into the new assembly.
Step 6: Connect the wiring harness to the new tail light assembly and insert it into the vehicle.
Use the long guiding rod as your guide to ensure proper installation.
Step 7: Tighten the hand-screw to secure the assembly.
Step 8: Replace the small trim panel that covers the hand-screw's access point.
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005 Volkswagen Beetle Tail Lights & Bulbs Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2005 Volkswagen Beetle Parking Light Replacement
- 1998-2005 Volkswagen Beetle Rear Marker Light Replacement
- 1998-2005 Volkswagen Beetle Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2005 Volkswagen Beetle Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
- Volkswagen Beetle Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 1998-2005 Volkswagen Beetle Headlight Replacement
- 1998-2005 Volkswagen Beetle Tail Light Replacement
- 1998-2010 Volkswagen Beetle Front Power Window Regulator Replacement