How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2011 Mercury Grand Marquis Side Mirror Replacement
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 11mm deep socket/ratchet
- Phillips screwdriver
- Flathead screwdriver
- Needle Nose Pliers
Step 1: Open the vehicle's door.
Step 2: Pry and lift the window control switch-panel. Disconnect the wiring harnesses attached to the underside of the switch-panel.
Step 3: Pry and remove the small panels (2) on each side of the interior door pull (upper).
Step 4: Pry and remove the interior door handle bezel.
Step 5: Loosen and remove the Phillips screws (5) that hold the interior door panel to the frame.
Two screws are located on either side of the upper interior door pull. One is beneath the interior door handle, and the final two are located on the side and bottom edges of the interior panel.
Step 6: You can now lift and remove the interior door panel.
Step 7: Disconnect the wiring harnesses (2) attached to the back of the interior door panel.
Step 8: Loosen and remove the Phillips screws (3) that hold the speaker in place. Disconnect the speaker's wiring harness.
Step 9: Pry and remove the small trim panel that covers the side mirror's mounting area.
Step 10: Disconnect the side mirror's wiring harness.
The wiring harness is inside the opening left by removing the door speaker.
Step 11: Loosen and remove the 11mm mounting bolts (3) that secure the mirror to the door frame.
NOTE: Be sure to hold onto the side mirror while removing these bolts, as you don't want to sweep broken glass from your garage floor or driveway!
Step 12: You can now remove the side mirror.
Step 13: Feed the wiring harness through the opening in the door frame, and mount the mirror by tightening the 11mm retaining bolts (3).
Step 14: Connect the mirror's wiring harness.
Step 15: Reconnect and mount the door speaker.
Step 16: Reattach the interior door panel.
Simply reverse the removal process. Be sure to reconnect all wiring harnesses, tighten all Phillips screws, and cover the screws with the interior door plugs!
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005, 06 2006, 07 2007, 08 2008, 09 2009, 10 2010, 11 2011 Mercury Grand Marquis Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2002 Mercury Grand Marquis Headlight Replacement
- 1998-2002 Mercury Grand Marquis Corner Light Replacement
- 1999-2002 Mercury Grand Marquis Tail Light Replacement
- 1998-2002 Mercury Grand Marquis Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2002 Mercury Grand Marquis Rear Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2002 Mercury Grand Marquis Rear Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2000-2002 Mercury Grand Marquis Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 2000-2010 Mercury Grand Marquis Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
- 1998-2002 Mercury Grand Marquis Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2011 Mercury Grand Marquis Side Mirror Replacement