How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, Suburban, Sierra, Yukon Cabin Air Filter
Fits years: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 7mm socket/ratchet with extension
- 7/32 inch socket/ratchet with extension
Step 1: Beneath the glove compartment on the passenger's side, loosen and remove the 7mm bolts (4) that secure the panel to the underside of the dashboard.
One of these bolts is near the gas pedal.
Step 2: You can now remove this panel.
Step 3: Loosen and remove the 7/32 bolt (1) that holds the thin cover panel over the air filters.
Step 4: You can now pull the air filters (2) down and out of the assembly.
NOTE: Expect plenty of dust and dirt, as the component has been doing its job well! Be sure that you have a vacuum handy! The filter died a noble death!
Step 5: Using the guiding arrows on the filters for reference, slide the new filters (2) into place.
The arrows should point toward the DRIVER'S side of the vehicle.
Step 6: Tighten the 7/32 bolt to secure the air filter's cover to the assembly.
Step 7: Tighten the 7mm bolts (4) to secure the dash's UNDER panel to the dash.
99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002 Chevrolet Silverado Replacement Instructions
- 1999-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Rear Gate Handle Replacement
- 1999-2003 Chevrolet Silverado Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado A/C Heater Blower Motor
- 2000-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Rear Door Handle Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado Side Mirror Replacement
- 2007-2011 Chevrolet Silverado Side Mirror Replacement
- 2003-2006 Chevrolet Silverado Side Mirror Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, Suburban, Sierra, Yukon Cabin Air Filter
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra Crew Cab Rear Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra Front Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement