How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1999-2003 Chevrolet Silverado Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- Phillips screwdriver
Step 1: Lower the vehicle's tailgate.
Step 2: Loosen and remove the 2 Phillips retaining screws that secure the tail light assembly to the vehicle.
Step 3: You can now pull the tail light assembly from the vehicle.
Step 4: Disconnect the wiring harnesses to completely free the old tail light assembly.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement tail light from Go-Parts, it likely includes new sockets and bulbs, as many of our models do. This saves you a step, and allows you to move right to installation of the new assembly. However, in the event that your model does not include the new bulbs, simply turn the sockets counter-clockwise to pull the bulbs from the assembly and attach them to the new one!
Step 5: Connect the wiring harnesses to the new tail light assembly and use the guiding tabs to ensure proper assembly placement.
Step 6: Secure the tail light assembly by tightening the 2 Phillips retaining screws.
99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002 Chevrolet Silverado Tail Lights & Bulbs Replacement Instructions
- 1999-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Rear Gate Handle Replacement
- 1999-2003 Chevrolet Silverado Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado A/C Heater Blower Motor
- 2000-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Rear Door Handle Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado Side Mirror Replacement
- 2007-2011 Chevrolet Silverado Side Mirror Replacement
- 2003-2006 Chevrolet Silverado Side Mirror Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, Suburban, Sierra, Yukon Cabin Air Filter
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra Crew Cab Rear Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra Front Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement