How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1999-2004 GMC Sonoma Side Mirror Replacement
Fits years: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 10mm socket/ratchet with extension
- 7mm socket/ratchet with extension
- Phillips screwdriver
- Flathead screwdriver (small and medium)
- Door Panel Clip Tool (or putty knife)
Step 1: Open the vehicle's door.
Step 2: Pry and remove the window control switch-plate. Disconnect the wiring harnesses (4) attached to the underside of the panel.
Step 3: Loosen and remove the Phillips screw (1) located inside the interior door handle. Once removed, pry and remove the entire bezel panel.
Step 4: Loosen and remove the 7mm bolts (2) that are just behind the interior door pull.
Step 5: Using the door panel clip tool (or putty knife), pry and remove the interior door panel.
A series of small retaining clips hold the door panel to the vehicle. You will hear them "pop" as they disengage.
Step 6: You can now lift and remove the interior door panel.
Step 7: Remove the screw covers (3) near the side mirror mounting area.
Step 8: Disconnect the side mirror's wiring harness.
Step 9: Loosen and remove the 10mm mounting bolts (3) that secure the side mirror to the vehicle.
NOTE: Be sure to hold onto the side mirror while removing the 10mm bolts, as you don't want to sweep broken glass from your garage floor or driveway!
Step 10: You can now remove the side mirror.
Step 11: Feed the wiring through the opening in the door frame, and mount the mirror by tightening the 10mm mounting bolts (3). Cover the bolts with the covers (3).
Step 12: Connect the side mirror's wiring harness.
Step 13: Reattach the interior door panel.
Simply reverse the removal process. Be sure to reconnect all wiring harnesses, tighten the 7mm bolts, and re-engage the retaining clips attached to the back of the door panel!
99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004 GMC Sonoma Mirror Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Headlight Replacement
- 1994-2004 GMC Sonoma Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2004 GMC Sonoma Side Mirror Replacement
- 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Side Mirror Replacement
- 1996-2004 GMC Sonoma Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2001-2004 GMC Sonoma Power Window, Door Lock Switch Replacement
- 2003 GMC Sonoma 4.3L Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
- 1999-2004 GMC Sonoma Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Front Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement