How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hood Strut Replacement
Fits years: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
- Flathead screwdriver (small)
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
Be sure to support it with something like a broomstick or an assistant if BOTH struts are failing.
NOTE: We always recommend replacing BOTH struts if one of them is beginning to fail, as they often will require replacement within weeks of each other!
Step 2: Using the flathead screwdriver, pry the retaining clip that secures the strut to the hood DOWN. Once it is pried free, you can disengage the strut from the hood.
Step 3: Pry and remove the clip that secures the strut to the vehicle chassis.
Step 4: You can now remove the strut from the vehicle.
Step 5: To mount the new support strut, simply "snap" each end in place.
NOTE: Remember, the thicker end of the strut attaches to the hood!
Step 6: Repeat this process for the other side.
99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Replacement Instructions
- 1993-1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Turn Signal Replacement
- 1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Tail Light Replacement
- 1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Replacement
- 2001-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Tail Light Replacement
- 1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Corner Light Replacement
- 1999-2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Fog Light Replacement
- 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Side Mirror Replacement
- 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Replacement
- 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hood Strut Replacement