How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1999-2004 Oldsmobile Alero 2.4L Serpentine Belt Replacement
Fits years: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
- 15mm wrench
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Using the 15mm wrench, loosen the belt tensioner bolt (1) to allow for serpentine belt removal.
NOTE: The belt tensioner bolt is located just beneath the alternator pulley.
Step 3: You can now pull the belt from the vehicle.
Step 4: To attach the new belt, follow the routing diagram provided under the hood.
NOTE: These diagrams are usually located near the radiator. If your vehicle no longer has the diagram posted, just remember that the belt goes around the OUTSIDE of the pulleys, but BENEATH the tensioner.
Step 5: With the belt in position, tighten the 15mm tensioner bolt (1) to secure the belt's position.
The belt should be taut, but not overly tight. Be careful not to snap it!
99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004 Oldsmobile Alero Replacement Instructions
- 1999-2004 Oldsmobile Alero Headlight Replacement
- 1999-2004 Oldsmobile Alero Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2003 Oldsmobile Alero Side Mirror Replacement
- 1999-2004 Oldsmobile Alero 2.4L Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 1999-2004 Oldsmobile Alero Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 1999-2004 Oldsmobile Alero Front Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement
- 1999-2004 Oldsmobile Alero Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1999-2004 Oldsmobile Alero (Inner) Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2004 Oldsmobile Alero Door Handle (Interior) Replacement