How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1999-2005 Ford Crown Victoria Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 1999, 2000
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 11mm wrench
Step 1: Open the vehicle's trunk.
Step 2: Twist and remove the small plastic fastener that holds the trunk liner in place.
Step 3: Remove the liner's panel and pull the liner back to expose the tail light's mounting area.
Step 4: Remove the three 11mm mounting bolts.
Step 5: You can now remove the tail light assembly.
Step 6: Disconnect the wiring harness attached to the back of the assembly.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement tail light from Go-Parts, it likely includes new bulbs, as most of our models do. This saves you an installation step! However, if your particular model does not include bulbs, simply turn the sockets counter-clockwise, remove them from the old assembly, and attach them to the new one. This process only takes a few moments!
Step 7: Connect the wiring harness to the new tail light assembly.
Step 8: Mount the tail light by using the studs as guides to ensure proper placement and tightening the three 11mm mounting nuts.
Step 9: Reattach the trunk liner and secure it with the fastener.
99 1999, 00 2000 Ford Crown Victoria Tail Lights & Bulbs Replacement Instructions
- 1979-2010 Ford Crown Victoria AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
- 1998-2008 Ford Crown Victoria Headlight Replacement
- 1998-2011 Ford Crown Victoria Parking Light Replacement
- 1999-2005 Ford Crown Victoria Tail Light Replacement
- 1992-2011 Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Grand Marquis Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 1995-2002 Ford Crown Victoria Outer Tie Rod Replacement
- 1998-2002 Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Grand Marquis Rear Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement
- 2003-2010 Ford Crown Victoria, Lincoln Town Car, Grand Marquis, Marauder Wiper Switch Replacement