How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1999-2005 Pontiac Grand Am Headlight Replacement
Fits years: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
- Phillips screwdriver
- Flathead screwdriver
Step 1: Using the flathead screwdriver, pull up on the center of the retaining clips (located on top of the assembly) and disconnect them.
Step 2: Lift the plastic cover.
Step 3: Locate the retaining tabs and disengage them using your pliers.
You'll want to pull "back" and then "up and out".
Step 4: Pull the headlight assembly from the vehicle.
Step 5: Disconnect the wiring harness from the old headlight assembly.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement headlight from Go-Parts, it may come with all of the bulbs. This will help you save steps, as you won't have to unscrew the sockets from the old assembly.
Step 6: Using a screwdriver, adjust the new headlight assembly.
Match the screw stems to meet the length of the stems on the old assembly. This will keep your beams adjusted at the proper height.
Step 7: Connect the wiring harness to the new headlight assembly and insert it into position.
You'll want to line up all of the pegs to ensure proper placement. The adjustor will fit perfectly into position, as well. Insert the interior side of the light (when facing it from the front of the vehicle) first.
Step 8: Reattach the retaining tabs to hold the new assembly firmly in place.
Step 9: Replace the plastic cover.
99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005 Pontiac Grand Am Headlight Replacement Instructions
- 1999-2005 Pontiac Grand Am Fog Light Replacement
- 1999-2006 Pontiac Grand Am Side Mirror Replacement
- 1999-2005 Pontiac Grand Am Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2005 Pontiac Grand Am Headlight Replacement
- 1999-2006 Pontiac Grand Am Radiator Overflow Reservoir Replacement
- 1999-2006 Pontiac Grand Am, Oldsmobile Alero Power Window Regulator Replacement
- 1999-2006 Pontiac Grand Am Door Panel Replacement
- 1997-2003 Chevrolet Malibu Engine Air Filter Replacement