How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1999-2005 Volkswagen Jetta Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 8mm wrench
Step 1: Open the vehicle's trunk.
Step 2: Open the small trim door on the REAR of the tail light. Loosen and remove the 8mm bolts (3) that secure the tail light assembly to the vehicle.
Step 3: You can now pull the tail light assembly STRAIGHT OUT from the rear of the vehicle.
Step 4: Disconnect the wiring harness (1).
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement tail light from Go-Parts, it likely includes new sockets and bulbs, as many of our models do. This saves you an installation step! However, if your particular model does not, simply remove the mounting plate (with sockets) from the old assembly and attach it to the new one.
Step 5: Connect the wiring harness (1) to the new tail light assembly.
Step 6: Mount the tail light by tightening the 8mm bolts (3).
Step 7: Secure the trim door closed.
99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005 Volkswagen Jetta Tail Lights & Bulbs Replacement Instructions
- 1999-2005 Volkswagen Jetta Headlight Replacement
- 1999-2004 Volkswagen Jetta Grille Replacement
- 1993-1998 Volkswagen Jetta Front Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 1993-1998 Volkswagen Jetta Headlight Replacement
- 1993-1998 Volkswagen Jetta Side Mirror Replacement
- 1993-1998 Volkswagen Jetta Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2005 Volkswagen Jetta Side Mirror Replacement
- 1999-2005 Volkswagen Jetta Tail Light Replacement