How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1999-2006 Pontiac Grand Am Door Panel Replacement
Fits years: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- Phillips screwdriver
- Flathead screwdriver
- Putty knife or clip tool
Step 1: Remove the panel protecting the mounting components for the side view mirror.
You'll also want to protect and remove the tweeter. Use the towel to protect the plastic!
Step 2: Using the flathead screwdriver, pop the window control panel loose.
Step 3: Disconnect the wiring harness from the window control panel.
Step 4: Using the Phillips screwdriver, remove the 4 screws that hold the panels in place.
You'll find one by the door handle, one beneath the window control panel, one near the front of the door-mounted arm rest, and one near the interior door reflector (near the bottom).
Step 5: Using the putty knife, feed it into the bottom of the panel, where the door meets the panel.
Step 6: Slide the putty knife along until you reach a clip, and detach it.
Repeat this step to detach all of the clips holding the door panel in place.
Step 7: Remove the door panel.
Step 8: Disconnect the wiring switch on the back of the door panel.
Step 9: Reconnect the wiring switch on the back of the door panel.
Step 10: Begin connecting the door panel to the door (top first).
Step 11: Reconnect the small speaker.
Step 12: Snap all of the retaining clips into place.
Double check them to make sure that they are secure.
Step 13: Replace the door handle, and all Phillips screws.
Step 14: Reconnect the window control panel and snap it into place.
99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005, 06 2006 Pontiac Grand Am Replacement Instructions
- 1999-2005 Pontiac Grand Am Fog Light Replacement
- 1999-2006 Pontiac Grand Am Side Mirror Replacement
- 1999-2005 Pontiac Grand Am Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2005 Pontiac Grand Am Headlight Replacement
- 1999-2006 Pontiac Grand Am Radiator Overflow Reservoir Replacement
- 1999-2006 Pontiac Grand Am, Oldsmobile Alero Power Window Regulator Replacement
- 1999-2006 Pontiac Grand Am Door Panel Replacement
- 1997-2003 Chevrolet Malibu Engine Air Filter Replacement