How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1999-2006 Pontiac Grand Am Side Mirror Replacement
Fits years: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
- Flathead screwdriver
- Phillips screwdriver
- 10mm socket/ratchet with extension
- Putty knife
Step 1: Remove the small, triangular trim panel that covers the mirror's mounting point. It is located on the interior of the vehicle.
NOTE: If you have a manual mirror, you can simply remove the 10mm retaining bolts, remove the mirror, and mount your new one. However, if you have a power mirror, proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Using the flathead screwdriver (and towel to prevent scratching), remove the trim and control panels, disengage the wiring harnesses, loosen and remove the retaining screws, and with the putty knife, gently pry the interior door panel away from the door frame.
Step 3: Disengage the mirror's wiring harness, if you haven't already done so.
Step 4: Loosen and remove the three 10mm mirror mounting bolts.
Step 5: Connect the wiring harness to the new side mirror.
Step 6: Mount the new mirror by tightening the three 10mm mounting bolts.
Step 7: Reattach all wiring harnesses (for the window control panel, etc.) and reattach the interior door panel by reversing the removal process.
Step 8: Reattach the trim panel that covers the mirror's mounting point.
99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002 Pontiac Grand Am Mirror Replacement Instructions
- 1999-2005 Pontiac Grand Am Fog Light Replacement
- 1999-2006 Pontiac Grand Am Side Mirror Replacement
- 1999-2005 Pontiac Grand Am Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2005 Pontiac Grand Am Headlight Replacement
- 1999-2006 Pontiac Grand Am Radiator Overflow Reservoir Replacement
- 1999-2006 Pontiac Grand Am, Oldsmobile Alero Power Window Regulator Replacement
- 1999-2006 Pontiac Grand Am Door Panel Replacement
- 1997-2003 Chevrolet Malibu Engine Air Filter Replacement