How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1999-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Rear Gate Handle Replacement
Fits years: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 1/2 inch wrench
Step 1: Remove the exterior tailgate handle panel.
Depress on the top of the handle, and pull out, as the tabs are directed downward.
Step 2: Using the 1/2 inch wrench, remove the three bolts that secure the tailgate handle in place.
If you have a sprayed-on bed liner, you'll need to use a box-cutter or other blade to cut the lining to free the bolts for removal.
Step 3: Depress the interior clips, and pull the rods outward, releasing the old tailgate handle.
NOTE: Before installing your new handle, it's always a good idea to use penetrating oil to help you lubricate all of the joints. This will help the function of the handle over time!
Step 4: Insert your new tailgate handle.
You may need to wiggle the new handle a bit to properly fit it into the door. Pop the rods and clips into place.
Step 5: Tighten the three bolts on the back of the tailgate handle.
Step 6: Attach the framing bezel on the tailgate handle.
99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005, 06 2006, 07 2007 Chevrolet Silverado Replacement Instructions
- 1999-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Rear Gate Handle Replacement
- 1999-2003 Chevrolet Silverado Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado A/C Heater Blower Motor
- 2000-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Rear Door Handle Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado Side Mirror Replacement
- 2007-2011 Chevrolet Silverado Side Mirror Replacement
- 2003-2006 Chevrolet Silverado Side Mirror Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, Suburban, Sierra, Yukon Cabin Air Filter
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra Crew Cab Rear Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra Front Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement