How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1999-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Rear Gate Handle Replacement
Fits years: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
- 1/2 inch wrench
Step 1: Remove the exterior tailgate handle panel.
Depress on the top of the handle, and pull out, as the tabs are directed downward.
Step 2: Using the 1/2 inch wrench, remove the three bolts that secure the tailgate handle in place.
If you have a sprayed-on bed liner, you'll need to use a box-cutter or other blade to cut the lining to free the bolts for removal.
Step 3: Depress the interior clips, and pull the rods outward, releasing the old tailgate handle.
NOTE: Before installing your new handle, it's always a good idea to use penetrating oil to help you lubricate all of the joints. This will help the function of the handle over time!
Step 4: Insert your new tailgate handle.
You may need to wiggle the new handle a bit to properly fit it into the door. Pop the rods and clips into place.
Step 5: Tighten the three bolts on the back of the tailgate handle.
Step 6: Attach the framing bezel on the tailgate handle.
99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005, 06 2006, 07 2007 Chevrolet Silverado Replacement Instructions
- 1999-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Rear Gate Handle Replacement
- 1999-2003 Chevrolet Silverado Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado A/C Heater Blower Motor
- 2000-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Rear Door Handle Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado Side Mirror Replacement
- 2007-2011 Chevrolet Silverado Side Mirror Replacement
- 2003-2006 Chevrolet Silverado Side Mirror Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, Suburban, Sierra, Yukon Cabin Air Filter
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra Crew Cab Rear Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra Front Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement