How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1999-2007 Ford F-250 5.4L, 6.8L Serpentine Belt Replacement
Fits years: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- ½ inch Drive ratchet handle
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Locate the serpentine belt routing diagram posted near the radiator or in the owner's manual.
Step 3: Using the ½ inch ratchet handle, insert the square peg into the belt tensioner and turn it CLOCKWISE, releasing the tension on the belt. With the belt removed, slowly release the tensioner back to its resting position.
Step 4: Using the diagram we found in Step 2, route the belt around the proper pulleys.
Step 5: With the belt in place, use the ½ inch drive ratchet handle to turn the belt tensioner COUNTER CLOCKWISE, increasing the tension on the belt, securing its position.
NOTE: The belt should be taut, but not overly tight or stretched!
99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005, 06 2006, 07 2007 Replacement Instructions
- 1999-2005 Ford F-Series Super Duty Pickup Corner / Turn Signal Light Replacement
- 2001-2004 Ford F-Series Super Duty Pickup Fog Light Replacement
- 1999-2007 Ford F-Series Super Duty Pickup AC Heater Blower Motor
- 1999-2004 Ford F-Series Pickup Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2005 Ford F-Series Super Duty Pickup Headlight Replacement
- 1987-1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 1987-1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 Tailgate Handle Replacement
- 1992-1996 Ford F-150 Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1992-1996 Ford F-150 Front Parking Light Replacement
- 1992-1996 Ford F-150, F-250 Engine Serpentine Belt Replacement