How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2000-2002 Lincoln Town Car Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement
Fits years: 2000, 2001, 2002
- 8mm socket/ratchet with extension
- Flathead screwdriver
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Disconnect the cooling fan's wiring harness.
Step 3: Loosen and remove the two 8mm mounting bolts that secure the cooling fan to the radiator.
These bolts are located on the upper side of the cooling fan assembly - one on each side.
Step 4: Loosen and remove the 8mm bolt that holds the coolant tank in place (just above the radiator).
Step 5: Lift the coolant overflow tank off of the radiator area, and move it to the side. This gives you some extra room!
Step 6: You can now lift and remove the cooling fan assembly.
This may take some maneuvering, as there isn't much space, but with some work, you can easily get it out of the engine compartment.
NOTE: Be sure not to damage any of the radiator hoses during removal!
Step 7: Move the new cooling fan assembly into position and mount it by tightening the two 8mm mounting bolts. Be sure to reattach the lower radiator hose to the small hook that is provided on the fan assembly.
NOTE: Use the guiding tabs on the bottom of the cooling fan to ensure proper placement.
Step 8: Reattach the coolant overflow tank by tightening the 8mm retaining bolt.
Step 9: Connect the cooling fan assembly's wiring harness.
00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002 Lincoln Town Car Cooling Fan Assemblies Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Headlight Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Tail Light Replacement
- 2000-2002 Lincoln Town Car Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement
- 1993-2008 Lincoln Town Car Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Alternator Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Hood Support Strut Replacement