How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2000-2002 Toyota Tundra Engine Serpentine Belt Replacement
Fits years: 2000, 2001, 2002
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 10mm wrench
- 14mm wrench
- Phillips screwdriver
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Using the 10mm wrench, disconnect the vehicle's negative battery cable.
Step 3: Loosen the Phillips clamps (2) that secure the air intake hose to the vehicle. Disconnect its wiring harness (1). Remove the intake hose.
Step 4: Using the 14mm wrench, turn the belt tensioner bolt (1) COUNTER CLOCKWISE to release the tension on the bolt. You can now remove the belt from the vehicle. Once the belt is removed, SLOWLY release the tensioner back to its resting position.
Step 5: Using the belt routing diagram provided near the radiator, on the UNDERSIDE of the hood, or in the owner's manual, route the new serpentine belt around the proper pulleys.
Step 6: With the belt now in place, turn the 14mm tensioner bolt (1) CLOCKWISE to increase tension on the belt and secure its position.
NOTE: The belt should be taut, but not overly tight or stretched.
Step 7: Reattach the air intake hose by tightening the Phillips clamps (2). Reconnect the wiring harness (1).
Step 8: Reconnect the battery's negative cable.
00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002 Toyota Tundra Replacement Instructions
- 2000-2006 Toyota Tundra Fog Light Replacement
- 2000-2006 Toyota Tundra Tail Light Replacement
- 2000-2004 Toyota Tundra Headlight Replacement
- 2000-2006 Toyota Tundra Corner Light Replacement
- 2000-2002 Toyota Tundra Engine Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 2000-2005 Toyota Tundra Radiator Replacement
- 2007-2011 Toyota Tundra Side Mirror Replacement
- 2007-2011 Toyota Tundra Tail Light Replacement
- 2007-2013 Toyota Tundra Headlight Replacement