How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2000-2003 Mercury Sable Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
- 11mm wrench
Step 1: Open the vehicle's trunk.
Step 2: Loosen and remove the thumb-screw that secures the trunk liner.
Only remove the thumb-screw from the side you are working on!
Step 3: Remove the small plastic panel near the trunk's latch.
Step 4: Pull back the trunk liner, exposing the tail light mounting area.
Step 5: Loosen and remove the four 11mm mounting nuts that secure the tail light to the vehicle.
Step 6: Disconnect the tail light's wiring harness.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement tail light from Go-Parts, it likely includes new bulbs, as most of our models do. This saves you an installation step! However, if your particular model does not, simply twist the sockets, remove them from the old assembly, and attach them to the new one. You may also need to transfer the wiring harness. This process takes just a few moments!
Step 7: You can now remove the tail light assembly.
You will need to push the wiring through the frame's opening. A small rubber seal/stopper is in place - just force this plug through the opening.
Step 8: Feed the wiring through the frame's opening, and secure the tail light by tightening the 11mm retaining bolts.
Step 9: Connect the wiring harness.
Step 10: Cover the area with the trunk liner and secure it by tightening the thumb-screw.
Step 11: Reattach the small plastic panel near the trunk latch.
00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003 Mercury Sable Tail Lights & Bulbs Replacement Instructions
- 2000-2003 Mercury Sable Tail Light Replacement
- 2000-2005 Mercury Sable Headlight Replacement
- 2000-2003 Mercury Sable Fog Light Replacement
- 2000-2005 Mercury Sable 3.0L Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 2000-2005 Mercury Sable Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2000-2005 Mercury Sable Hood Support Strut Replacement
- 2000-2005 Mercury Sable, Ford Taurus Power Mirror Switch Replacement
- 2000-2005 Mercury Sable Power Window Switch Replacement