How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2000-2004 Subaru Outback Headlight Replacement
Fits years: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 10mm socket/ratchet
Step 1: Lift the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Locate the three 10mm retaining bolts and remove them.
These bolts are located on the upper-outside region of the assembly (beneath the hood), the upper-interior region, and lower-interior region.
Step 3: You can now remove the headlight assembly from the vehicle.
Step 4: Disconnect the wiring harnesses from the back of the headlight assembly.
NOTE: If you purchased your replacement headlight from Go-Parts, it likely has the bulbs already included (as most of our models do), which saves you time! You can now move onto the installation of your new assembly.
Step 5: Connect the wiring harnesses to the back of the new headlight assembly and move it into place.
Step 6: Secure the headlight into place by tightening the three 10mm retaining bolts.
There are two adjusters on the back of the assembly. If you feel that you'd like to calibrate it, simply turn the light on, compare it to the other side, and adjust accordingly.
00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004 Subaru Outback Headlight Replacement Instructions
- 2000-2004 Subaru Outback Headlight Replacement
- 2000-2004 Subaru Outback Tail Light Replacement
- 2000-2004 Subaru Outback Fog Light Replacement
- 1997-1999 Subaru Outback Corner Light Replacement
- 1997-1999 Subaru Outback Headlight Assembly Replacement
- 2000-2004 Subaru Outback Alternator, Fan Belt Replacement
- 2000-2004 Subaru Outback Front Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement
- 2000-2004 Subaru Outback Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2000-2004 Subaru Outback Rear Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement
- 2000-2004 Subaru Outback Rear Door Handle (Interior) Replacement