How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2000-2005 Mercury Sable Headlight Replacement
Fits years: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 8mm socket/ratchet with extension
- Phillips screwdriver
- Flathead screwdriver
Step 1: Lift the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Lift the 2 retaining tabs that hold the headlight assembly in place.
These tabs are located on the back end of the assembly, and accessible from the top.
Step 3: Loosen and remove the 8mm bolt located near the radiator.
Step 4: You can now pull the headlight from the vehicle.
Step 5: Disconnect the headlight assembly's wiring harness.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement headlight from Go-Parts, it likely includes new bulbs, as most of our models do. This saves you an installation step! However, if your particular model does not, simply transfer the bulbs and sockets to the new assembly. This process takes just a few moments! Also, you can transfer the wiring harness using a Phillips screwdriver, if necessary.
Step 6: Connect the wiring harness to the new headlight assembly.
Step 7: Move the assembly into position, and secure it with the retaining tabs.
Step 8: Tighten the 8mm retaining bolt.
00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005 Mercury Sable Headlight Replacement Instructions
- 2000-2003 Mercury Sable Tail Light Replacement
- 2000-2005 Mercury Sable Headlight Replacement
- 2000-2003 Mercury Sable Fog Light Replacement
- 2000-2005 Mercury Sable 3.0L Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 2000-2005 Mercury Sable Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2000-2005 Mercury Sable Hood Support Strut Replacement
- 2000-2005 Mercury Sable, Ford Taurus Power Mirror Switch Replacement
- 2000-2005 Mercury Sable Power Window Switch Replacement