How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2000-2005 Mercury Sable Hood Support Strut Replacement
Fits years: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
- Flathead screwdriver (small)
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
NOTE: Because we are replacing the hood supports, it's obvious that the hood will not stay up on its own. You will need either a support, such as a long 2x4, or an assistant to hold the hood up. Also, we recommend replacing support struts in pairs, as once one begins to fail, the other usually isn't far behind!
Step 2: Using the flathead screwdriver, disengage the retaining clip on EACH END of the support strut.
Step 3: You can now remove the support strut from the vehicle.
Step 4: Before installing the new support strut, be sure that the retaining clip is in the DOWN position.
Step 5: "Snap" the new strut into place.
Remember, the "sleeve" end of the strut attaches to the hood!
Step 6: Repeat this process for the other side
00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005 Mercury Sable Replacement Instructions
- 2000-2003 Mercury Sable Tail Light Replacement
- 2000-2005 Mercury Sable Headlight Replacement
- 2000-2003 Mercury Sable Fog Light Replacement
- 2000-2005 Mercury Sable 3.0L Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 2000-2005 Mercury Sable Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2000-2005 Mercury Sable Hood Support Strut Replacement
- 2000-2005 Mercury Sable, Ford Taurus Power Mirror Switch Replacement
- 2000-2005 Mercury Sable Power Window Switch Replacement