How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2000-2007 Ford Focus Front Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement
Fits years: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
- T20 Torx Driver
- 7mm socket/ratchet with extension
- Flathead screwdrivers (2 " regular and small)
Step 1: Open the vehicle's door.
Step 2: Pry and remove the small trim panel near the side mirror mount. Disconnect the wiring harness (1) attached to the back of the trim panel.
Step 3: Loosen and remove the T20 Torx screws (7) located inside the interior door handle, and around the outer edge of the interior door panel.
Step 4: Pry and remove the interior door pull's trim panel.
Step 5: Loosen and remove the 7mm bolts (2) exposed by removing the interior door pull's trim panel.
Remember, you will need an extension to reach these!
Step 6: Pry and remove the interior door handle's bezel. Disconnect the wiring harnesses (3) from the back of the bezel.
Step 7: You can now lift and remove the interior door panel.
Step 8: Peel back the water shield lining just enough to expose the back of the exterior door handle.
NOTE: Be careful not to tear it!
Step 9: Loosen and remove the T20 Torx screw (1) located inside the circular opening of the door frame, just behind the back of the exterior door handle.
Be sure not to drop this screw inside the door frame!
Step 10: Using the flathead screwdriver, pry and remove the keyhole portion of the exterior handle trim. Push this portion BACK to remove it.
Step 11: You can now slide the exterior door handle BACK, and remove it from the door panel.
Step 12: Remove the protective pads (2) from the door.
Step 13: Attach the NEW protective pads (2) to the door.
Step 14: Slide the exterior door handle into place. Also, slide and reattach the keyhole portion of the door handle. The handle should now be FIRMLY in position.
Step 15: Tighten the T20 Torx screw (1) to secure the door handle to the door.
NOTE: Since we currently have it exposed, it's a good idea to spray BOTH SIDES of the door latch mechanism with penetrating oil. This will help keep the moving parts operating smoothly.
Step 16: Reattach the water shield.
Step 17: Reattach the interior door panel.
Simply reverse the removal process. Be sure to tighten the 7mm bolts (2), T20 Torx screws (7), reconnect all wiring harnesses, and reattach all trim panels.
00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005, 06 2006, 07 2007 Ford Focus Replacement Instructions
- 2003-2007 Ford Focus Side View Mirror Replacement
- 2000-2004 Ford Focus Fog Light Replacement
- 2000-2005 Ford Focus Side Marker Light Replacement
- 2003-2004 Ford Focus Headlight Replacement
- 2000-2007 Ford Focus Side Mirror Replacement
- 2000-2003 Ford Focus Door Handle Latch Cable Replacement
- 2000-2003 Ford Focus Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 2000-2004 Ford Focus 3-Door Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2000-2004 Ford Focus Radiator Grille Replacement
- 2000-2005 Ford Focus Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement