How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2001-2004 Ford Escape AC Heater Fan Speed Resistor Replacement
Fits years: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 7mm socket/ratchet
NOTE: For this installation, we'll be working near the PASSENGER'S feet, beneath the glove compartment.
Step 1: Locate the fan speed resistor, on the UNDERSIDE of the dash/glove compartment.
Step 2: Disconnect the component's wiring harness (1).
Step 3: Loosen and remove the 7mm mounting bolts (2).
Step 4: You can now pull the speed resistor from the vehicle.
Step 5: Insert the new speed resistor into position, and secure it by tightening the 7mm mounting bolts (2).
Step 6: Connect the speed resistor's wiring harness (1).
Step 7: Test the resistor to be sure that everything is connected properly by running the climate control system. If all speeds are operating properly, we're in great shape!
01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004 Ford Escape Replacement Instructions
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
- 2001-2004 Ford Escape Fog Light Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Tail Light Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Headlight Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Side Mirror Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Cabin Air Filter Replacement
- 2001-2004 Ford Escape AC Heater Fan Speed Resistor Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Rear Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2001-2011 Ford Escape Windshield Washer Fluid Pump Replacement
- Ford Escape, Mercury Mariner Engine Air Filter Replacement