How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2001-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
- Phillips-head screwdriver
Step 1: Open the tailgate and identify the two retaining screws that hold the tail light assembly in place.
The two screws are located at the top and bottom of the fixture, on the interior panel that is exposed by the opening of the tailgate.
Step 2: Using the Phillips-head screwdriver, remove the two retaining screws and remove the "holding plate".
Step 3: Once the screws have been removed, gently pull the tail light assembly from its place.
When doing so, remember that there is wiring attached, so GENTLY is the key word here!
Step 4: Unplug the electrical plug from the tail light assembly.
To do so, simply "unlock" the RED switch, and gently pull the plug from the lighting assembly.
Step 5: Plug the electrical connection into your NEW tail light assembly.
NOTE: When reconnecting the electrical wiring, remember to use the RED locking mechanism to ensure that the connection is secure.
Step 6: Using the "guide tabs", gently put the tail light into place.
Step 7: Replace the "holding plate" and replace the screws to securely lock the new tail light into place.
01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Tail Lights & Bulbs Replacement Instructions
- 1993-1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Turn Signal Replacement
- 1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Tail Light Replacement
- 1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Replacement
- 2001-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Tail Light Replacement
- 1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Corner Light Replacement
- 1999-2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Fog Light Replacement
- 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Side Mirror Replacement
- 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Replacement
- 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hood Strut Replacement