How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2001-2004 Toyota Sequoia Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
Fits years: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- Flathead screwdriver (small and medium)
- Phillips screwdriver
- Door Panel Clip Tool (or putty knife)
Step 1: Disconnect the negative battery cable under the hood.
Step 2: Open the vehicle's door.
Step 3: Pry and remove the small trim panel that covers the side mirror's mounting area.
Step 4: Pry and lift the window control switch-panel. Disconnect the wiring harness attached to the underside of the panel.
This may take a bit of effort, as your switch-panel likely hasn't been removed for some time. BE CAREFUL not to damage the trim, but with a bit of time, it'll pry up with no problem!
Step 5: Pry and remove the small plug/panel that covers a screw just below the armrest on the door panel. Remove this screw.
Step 6: Pry and remove the lens for the door's light. Disconnect the wiring harness attached to the assembly.
Step 7: Using the small flathead screwdriver, pry the plug/panel from the interior door handle. Remove another just below the side mirror mount. Remove the Phillips screw (1 each) that is behind the plug.
Step 8: Pry and remove the interior door handle's bezel.
Step 9: Disengage and remove the small retaining clips (2) near the door latch.
Depress the center of each clip, disengaging it, and allowing for removal.
Step 10: Pry and remove the interior door panel.
Use the door panel clip tool (or putty knife) to pry the interior door panel from the door frame. If any clips remain behind, simply pull them from the door using pliers, and reattach them to the interior door panel.
Step 11: Push the interior door handle AWAY from the hinge and you can pull it from the door frame. Disengage the locking rods attached to the back.
Step 12: Engage the rods to the new handle (upper rod to upper clasp, lower rod to lower clasp) and slide the door handle back into the door frame.
Step 13: Reattach the interior door panel.
Be sure to re-engage all of the wiring harnesses and retaining pins. Also, be sure to tighten the Phillips screws and replace the plug covers!
Step 14: Reattach the small trim panel that covers the mirror's mounting area.
01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004 Toyota Sequoia Replacement Instructions
- 2001-2007 Toyota Sequoia AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
- 2001-2004 Toyota Sequoia Tail Light Replacement
- 2001-2004 Toyota Sequoia Corner Light Replacement
- 2001-2004 Toyota Sequoia Headlight Replacement
- 2001-2007 Toyota Sequoia Fog Light Replacement
- 2001-2007 Toyota Sequoia Side Mirror Replacement
- 2001-2004 Toyota Sequoia Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement
- 2001-2004 Toyota Sequoia Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 2001-2004 Toyota Sequoia Rear Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2001-2004 Toyota Sequoia Door Handle (Interior) Replacement