How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2001-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Headlight Replacement
Fits years: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
- Phillips screwdriver
Step 1: Lift the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Remove the Phillips retaining screw located on top of the parking light assembly.
Step 3: Disconnect the parking light's wiring harness and remove the parking light.
NOTE: If you are replacing your lighting assembly due to damage or wear, it may be a great time to replace the parking light, as well. After all, you already have it disconnected from the truck!
Step 4: With the pliers, lift and disengage the two retaining tabs located on the top of the headlight assembly.
Step 5: You can now pull the headlight from the vehicle.
Step 6: Disconnect the wiring harness to fully remove the headlight assembly.
NOTE: If you purchased your replacement headlight from Go-Parts, it may have the new bulbs included in the assembly (as many of our models do), so you can move directly to installation - we just saved you some steps!
Step 7: Connect the wiring harness to the back of the new headlight assembly and move it into place.
Step 8: Secure the headlight assembly into place by locking the retaining tabs down.
Step 9: Reconnect the parking light, and secure it by tightening the Phillips retaining screw.
01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005 Ford Explorer Headlight Replacement Instructions
- 2001-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Tail Light Replacement
- 2001-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Headlight Replacement
- 2001-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Fog Light Replacement
- 2001-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Corner Light Replacement
- 1995-2005 Ford Explorer AC Heater Blower Motor
- 1995-2001 Ford Explorer Corner / Signal Light Replacement
- 1995-2001 Ford Explorer Headlight Assembly Replacement
- 1991-2001 Ford Explorer, Mazda Navajo Tailgate Strut Replacement
- 1991-2001 Ford Explorer, Mercury Mountaineer Hood Support Strut Replacement
- 1991-2005 Ford Explorer, Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer Power Window Regulator Replacement