How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2001-2005 Honda Civic Rear Bumper Cover Replacement
Fits years: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
- 8mm socket/ratchet with extension
- 10mm socket/ratchet with extension
- Phillips screwdriver
- Flathead screwdriver
Step 1: Open the vehicle's trunk.
Step 2: Loosen and remove the 8mm bolts (2 "“ 1 per side) inside each rear wheel well.
Step 3: Loosen and remove the Phillips screws (2 "“ 1 per side) inside each rear wheel well.
Step 4: Using the flathead screwdriver, pry and remove the screw covers (2 "“ 1 per side) exposed by opening the trunk. In doing so, you expose a 10mm bolt. Loosen and remove this bolt.
Step 5: Disengage the retaining clips that line the underside of the rear bumper cover.
To disengage these clips, use a flathead screwdriver to pry out the center of the clip. You can then pull the clip from its position.
Step 6: You can now pull each side of the bumper cover free, and remove it from the vehicle.
Step 7: To reattach the bumper cover, move it into position, and tighten the 8mm bolts and Phillips screws (1 per side).
Step 8: Tighten the 10mm bolts (2) and cover the bolts with the screw covers.
Step 9: Re-engage the retaining clips that line the underside of the bumper cover.
01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005 Honda Civic Replacement Instructions
- 2001-2005 Honda Civic Tail Light Replacement
- 2001-2005 Honda Civic Side Mirror Replacement
- 2001-2005 Honda Civic AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
- 2001-2005 Honda Civic Deck Lid Tail Light Replacement
- 1992-2000 Honda Civic A/C Heater Blower Motor
- 1992-1002 Honda Civic, Prelude, Odyssey Dome Light Door Jamb Switch Replacement
- 2001-2005 Honda Civic Engine Air Filter 1.4L, 1.6L Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 2001-2005 Honda Civic Front Bumper Cover Replacement
- 2001-2005 Honda Civic Front Door Panel Replacement
- 2001-2005 Honda Civic Ignition Coil Replacement