How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2001-2005 Honda Civic Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 2001, 2002
- 8mm socket/ratchet with extension
- 10mm socket/ratchet with extension
- Flathead screwdriver
- Phillips screwdriver
Step 1: Open the vehicle's trunk.
Step 2: Using the flathead screwdriver, remove the clip that secures the trunk liner that covers the tail light assembly.
Step 3: Locate the 8mm bumper cover retaining bolts and Phillips screws on each side of the vehicle. Remove them.
These bolts and screws are located just inside the rear wheel wells.
Step 4: Locate the plugs that cover the bumper cover retaining bolts. Remove them.
These plugs are exposed by opening the trunk, and are facing you when looking at the vehicle from the rear.
Step 5: Remove the 10mm bolts that are exposed by removing the plugs.
Step 6: Remove the clips (using the flathead screwdriver) that hold the bumper cover in place.
These clips are located underneath the vehicle.
Step 7: You can now remove the rear bumper cover.
Step 8: Remove the three 8mm bolts that hold the tail light assembly in place.
These bolts are inside the trunk, on the back of the tail light assembly.
Step 9: Remove the two 10mm bolts that are located on the outside of the assembly, just beneath it.
NOTE: These bolts may be quite rusty, in which case you can use some penetrating oil to make their removal much easier!
Step 10: Remove the Phillips screw that holds the assembly in place.
Step 11: You can now pull the tail light assembly from the vehicle's chassis.
Step 12: Disconnect the wiring harnesses on the back of the tail light assembly to complete the removal.
Step 13: Connect the wiring harnesses to the back of the new tail light assembly.
Step 14: Secure the tail light assembly by tightening the three 8mm interior mounting bolts.Tighten the Phillips screw and two 10mm mounting bolts on the exterior of the assembly.
Step 15: Reattach the rear bumper cover by reversing the removal process.
Step 16: Reattach the trunk liner by re-engaging the flathead clip. The rear of the tail light assembly should now be covered.
01 2001, 02 2002 Honda Civic Tail Lights Replacement Instructions
- 2001-2005 Honda Civic Tail Light Replacement
- 2001-2005 Honda Civic Side Mirror Replacement
- 2001-2005 Honda Civic AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
- 2001-2005 Honda Civic Deck Lid Tail Light Replacement
- 1992-2000 Honda Civic A/C Heater Blower Motor
- 1992-1002 Honda Civic, Prelude, Odyssey Dome Light Door Jamb Switch Replacement
- 2001-2005 Honda Civic Engine Air Filter 1.4L, 1.6L Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 2001-2005 Honda Civic Front Bumper Cover Replacement
- 2001-2005 Honda Civic Front Door Panel Replacement
- 2001-2005 Honda Civic Ignition Coil Replacement