How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2001-2007 Ford Escape, Mercury Mariner Power Window Switch (Rear) Replacement
Fits years: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
- Phillips screwdriver
- Flathead screwdriver (small)
NOTE: This particular installation guide was created from replacing a power window switch for a REAR door. The process is similar for the front doors, though there are more wiring harnesses to disconnect. If you have any questions regarding door panel removal for a FRONT door, simply refer to our installation guide for FRONT DOOR PANEL REMOVAL.
Step 1: Pry and open the small screw cover inside the interior door handle. Remove the Phillips screw (1).
Step 2: Loosen and remove the Phillips screw (1) inside the interior door pull.
Step 3: Pry and remove the interior door handle's bezel.
Step 4: Pry and remove the small trim panel near the window.
Step 5: Pry and remove the interior door panel.
A series of retaining clips holds the door panel to the frame. You will hear them "pop" as they disengage from the door.
Step 6: You can now lift and remove the interior door panel.
Step 7: Disconnect the wiring harness (1) from the back of the interior door panel.
Step 8: Pry and disengage the small retaining clips that hold the power window switch to the door panel.
Step 9: You can now remove the power window switch.
Step 10: "Snap" the new power window switch into place (on the interior door panel).
Step 11: Connect the wiring harness to the back of the power window switch.
Step 12: Reattach the interior door panel.
Simply reverse the removal process. Be sure to re-engage the retaining clips and tighten the Phillips screws!
01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005, 06 2006, 07 2007 Ford Escape Replacement Instructions
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
- 2001-2004 Ford Escape Fog Light Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Tail Light Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Headlight Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Side Mirror Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Cabin Air Filter Replacement
- 2001-2004 Ford Escape AC Heater Fan Speed Resistor Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Rear Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2001-2011 Ford Escape Windshield Washer Fluid Pump Replacement
- Ford Escape, Mercury Mariner Engine Air Filter Replacement