How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2001-2007 Ford Escape Side Mirror Replacement
Fits years: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 7mm socket/ratchet
- Phillips screwdriver
- Flathead screwdriver (small)
Step 1: Using the flathead screwdriver, open the small "door" that covers a Phillips screw inside the interior door panel. Do the same for the small panel just beneath the side mirror mount.
Step 2: Loosen and remove 4 Phillips screws that hold the interior door panel in place.
Two screws are behind the small "doors" we removed, one is inside the interior door pull, and the final one is near the door latch.
Step 3: Pry and remove the interior door handle's trim panel.
Step 4: With a tug, you can begin pulling the interior door panel from the frame.
You will feel the retaining clips engage. They run along the outer edge of the door panel, so you"ll need to work your way around the panel.
Step 5: You can now remove the interior door panel.
Step 6: Disconnect the wiring harness attached to the interior door panel.
Step 7: Remove the small triangular trim panel that covers the side mirror's mounting area.
Step 8: Peel back the plastic water shield to expose the side mirror's wiring connection. Disconnect this harness.
Step 9: Loosen and remove the three 7mm mounting bolts that hold the side mirror to the door.
NOTE: Be sure to hold onto the side mirror while you are removing the mounting bolts. You don't want to sweep broken glass from your garage floor or driveway!
Step 10: Feed the wiring harness through the opening in the door frame, and mount the mirror by tightening the 7mm mounting bolts.
Step 11: Connect the side mirror's wiring harness, and cover it with the water shield.
Step 12: Reattach the small trim panel that covers the mirror's mounting area.
Step 13: Reattach the interior door panel.
Simply reverse the removal process. Be sure to connect the wiring harness, replace the trim panels, and tighten all of the Phillips screws.
01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005, 06 2006, 07 2007 Ford Escape Mirror Replacement Instructions
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
- 2001-2004 Ford Escape Fog Light Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Tail Light Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Headlight Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Side Mirror Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Cabin Air Filter Replacement
- 2001-2004 Ford Escape AC Heater Fan Speed Resistor Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Rear Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2001-2011 Ford Escape Windshield Washer Fluid Pump Replacement
- Ford Escape, Mercury Mariner Engine Air Filter Replacement