How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2001-2011 Ford Escape Windshield Washer Fluid Pump Replacement
Fits years: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Phillips screwdriver (small)
- Flathead screwdriver
- Catch pan
Step 1: Loosen and remove the Phillips retaining pins (3) inside the PASSENGER'S side tire well.
To release these clips, loosen the Phillips head of the pin and pull it from its position.
Step 2: Pull the tire well liner back, exposing the washer fluid pump/reservoir.
Step 3: Disconnect the wiring harnesses (2) attached to the back of the pump/reservoir.
Step 4: Place a catch pan beneath the reservoir, and pull the hose from the bottom of the reservoir. Let the reservoir drain COMPLETELY before proceeding.
Step 5: Using a flathead screwdriver, pry and remove the washer fluid pump from the reservoir.
NOTE: There are (2) pumps attached to the reservoir. You will want to leave one in and test it. For example, if you are attempting to replace the REAR washer fluid pump, remove one, and test the front pump. If it still works, you have removed the right one. If it doesn't, the OTHER pump is the one you're after for this installation!
Step 6: Attach the new pump to the fluid reservoir by pushing it into position.
Step 7: Reattach the hose to the bottom of the washer fluid reservoir.
Step 8: Reconnect the wiring harnesses (2) to the fluid pump/reservoir assembly.
Step 9: Refill the reservoir with the fluid from the catch pan.
Step 10: Reattach the tire well liner by re-engaging the Phillips retaining pins (3).
01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005, 06 2006, 07 2007, 08 2008, 09 2009, 10 2010, 11 2011 Ford Escape Replacement Instructions
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
- 2001-2004 Ford Escape Fog Light Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Tail Light Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Headlight Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Side Mirror Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Cabin Air Filter Replacement
- 2001-2004 Ford Escape AC Heater Fan Speed Resistor Replacement
- 2001-2007 Ford Escape Rear Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2001-2011 Ford Escape Windshield Washer Fluid Pump Replacement
- Ford Escape, Mercury Mariner Engine Air Filter Replacement