How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2002-2008 Dodge Ram Serpentine Belt Replacement
Fits years: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 3/8 drive ratchet handle
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Using the 3/8 drive ratchet handle, insert the square peg into the belt tensioner (down below the alternator) and turn the tensioner COUNTER CLOCKWISE. This releases the tension on the belt.
Step 3: Remove the serpentine belt from the vehicle.
Step 4: Using the belt routing diagram posted near the radiator, on the UNDERSIDE of the hood, or in the owner's manual, route the belt around the proper pulleys.
Step 5: Once the belt is in place, turn the belt tensioner CLOCKWISE to secure its position.
NOTE: The belt should be taut, but not overly tight or stretched!
02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005, 06 2006, 07 2007, 08 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Replacement Instructions
- 1994-2001 Dodge Ram Tail Light Replacement
- 2002-2008 Dodge Ram Side Mirror Replacement
- 2002-2007 Dodge Ram AC Heater Fan Blower Motor Replacement
- 2002-2005 Dodge Ram Headlight Replacement
- 1994-2002 Dodge Ram Headlight Replacement
- 2002-2008 Dodge Ram Pickup Rear Gate Handle Replacement
- 1994-2002 Dodge Ram Interior Door Handle Replacement
- 2002-2006 Dodge Ram Tail Light Replacement
- 1994-2002 Dodge Ram Side Mirror Replacement
- 1994-2001 Dodge Ram Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement