How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2002-2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer Engine Idler Pulley Replacement
Fits years: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- 3/8 drive ratchet
- 15mm socket/ratchet
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
NOTE: We recommend accessing a diagram of the belt routing before beginning this installation. Many vehicles have it posted near the radiator, while others will have it in the manual.
Step 2: Using the 3/8 drive ratchet handle, insert the square tab into the opening on the tensioner pulley. Turn it CLOCKWISE to release the tension on the belt.
Step 3: You can now slide the serpentine belt from the vehicle.
Step 4: Loosen and remove the 15mm bolt (1) that secures the idler pulley to the vehicle.
This bolt is located BELOW the alternator's position.
Step 5: You can now remove the idler pulley from the vehicle.
Step 6: Insert the washer into the NEW idler pulley, and mount it by tighten the 15mm bolt (1).
Step 7: Route the belt per the routing diagram, and using the 3/8 drive ratchet handle, tighten the tensioner until the belt it taut.
NOTE: The belt should be taut, but not stretched or overly tight.
02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005, 06 2006, 07 2007, 08 2008, 09 2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer Replacement Instructions
- 2002-2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer Headlight Replacement
- 2002-2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer Fog Light Replacement
- 2002-2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer Tail Light Replacement
- 2002-2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
- 2002-2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer Side Mirror Replacement
- 2002-2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Radiator Grille Replacement
- 2002-2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
- 2002-2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 2002-2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer AC Heater Fan Speed Control Resistor Replacement
- 2002-2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer Engine Idler Pulley Replacement