How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2003-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 2003, 2004, 2005
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 10mm deep socket/ratchet
- Flathead screwdriver
Step 1: Open the vehicle's trunk.
Step 2: Using the flathead screwdriver, remove the clip that holds the trunk liner over the tail light's mounting area.
Step 3: Disconnect the wiring harnesses from the back of the tail light assembly.
NOTE: Some models do not use wiring plugs for tail lights. If this is the case for your particular model, simply turn the bulbs/sockets counter-clockwise to remove them from the old assembly and attach them to the new one. This process only takes a few moments!
Step 4: Loosen and remove the 10mm mounting bolts (3) that hold the tail light assembly to the vehicle.
Step 5: You can now remove the tail light.
Step 6: Mount the new tail light assembly by tightening the 10mm mounting bolts (3).
Use the guiding tabs on the tail light to ensure proper positioning and installation.
Step 7: Connect the wiring harnesses to the back of the tail light assembly.
Step 8: Secure the trunk liner over the area by re-engaging the retaining pin.
03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Tail Lights & Bulbs Replacement Instructions
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier AC Blower Motor Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Side Mirror Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier AC Cooling Fan Replacement
- 2003-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Headlight Replacement
- 2003-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Tail Light Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Exterior Door Handle Replacement
- 1995-1997 Chevrolet Cavalier, Pontiac Sunfire Intake Hose Replacement
- 1995-2002 Chevrolet Cavalier, Pontiac Sunfire Ignition Coil Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Front Door Panel (Interior, Manual Windows) Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Rear Door Panel (Manual Windows) Replacement