How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2003-2007 Cadillac CTS Headlight Replacement
Fits years: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
- 10mm socket/ratchet with 6-inch extension
- Flathead screwdriver
- Needle-nose Pliers
Step 1: Remove the eight retaining clips across the top of the bumper cover/radiator area, eight underneath the front bumper cover, and three in each wheel well.
Use the flathead screwdriver to lift the center of the clip, and they will pull out easily. If they give you difficulty in removal, simply lift the middle and use pliers to pull them out. Leave the two outside pins (on top) IN place, while removing the center. This will make things easier later in the project.
Step 2: Gently pull back the wheel well lining and remove the two 10mm bolts on each side.
Step 3: You can now disconnect the wiring harness of the marker light and remove it.
Step 4: You can now begin removing the bumper cover.
Step 5: Disconnect the wiring harnesses that attach to the fog lights, and completely remove the front bumper cover.
Step 6: Remove the clip that holds the protective trim cover (between the headlight and radiator area) and move it to the side.
Step 7: Remove the three 10mm retaining bolts that hold the headlight assembly in place.
One is above the assembly, one is beneath it, and one is behind the trim cover flap that we just moved.
Step 8: You can now pull the headlight assembly from the vehicle.
Step 9: Disconnect the wiring harness from the back of the headlight assembly.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement headlight from Go-Parts, it likely has new bulbs included in the unit (as most of our models do). If so, you can move right on to installation!
Step 10: Connect the wiring harnesses to the back of the new headlight assembly.
Step 12: Mount the assembly into place by tightening the three 10mm retaining bolts.
Step 13: Reconnect the wiring harness of your marker light, and tighten the retaining bolts that secure the marker light assembly and front bumper cover into place.
NOTE: By leaving the two pins in place when removing the front bumper cover, we now have guides that make installation much easier! They can help the bumper cover stay in place while you are attaching and tightening all of the clips and bolts!
03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005, 06 2006, 07 2007 Cadillac CTS Headlights Replacement Instructions
- 2003-2007 Cadillac CTS Tail Light Replacement
- 2003-2007 Cadillac CTS Headlight Replacement
- 2003-2007 Cadillac CTS Fog Light / Signal Light Assembly Replacement
- 2003-2007 Cadillac CTS Side Mirror Replacement
- 2003-2007 Cadillac CTS Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2003-2007 Cadillac CTS Rear Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2003-2007 Cadillac CTS Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 2003-2007 Cadillac CTS Rear Power Window Regulator
- 2003-2007 Cadillac CTS Front Power Window Regulator Replacement
- 2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Headlight Replacement