How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2003-2012 Volvo XC90 Rear Hatch Support Strut Replacement
Fits years: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- Flathead screwdriver
NOTE: We always recommend replacing the support struts in pairs, as if one is failing, the other usually isn't far behind!
Step 1: Open the vehicle's REAR hatch, and support it with a long 2x4 or an assistant.
Step 2: Using the flathead screwdriver, pry and disengage the retaining clip (1) that secures the LOWER contact of the strut to the vehicle. Repeat this process for the UPPER contact point.
Step 3: You can now remove the support strut from the vehicle.
Step 4: To install the new support strut, attach the retaining clips to the support strut, and snap each end into place on the vehicle.
NOTE: Remember, the larger end of the support strut attaches to the TAILGATE.
Step 5: Repeat this process for the other side's support strut.
03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005, 06 2006, 07 2007, 08 2008, 09 2009, 10 2010, 11 2011, 12 2012 Volvo XC90 Replacement Instructions
- 2003-2011 Volvo XC90 Headlight Replacement
- 2003-2011 Volvo XC90 Fog Light Replacement
- 2003-2012 Volvo XC90 Coolant Overflow Reservoir Replacement
- 2003-2012 Volvo XC90 Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 2003-2012 Volvo XC90 Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2003-2012 Volvo XC90 Hood Support Strut Replacement
- 2003-2012 Volvo XC90 Rear Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 2003-2012 Volvo XC90 Rear Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2003-2012 Volvo XC90 Rear Hatch Support Strut Replacement
- 2003-2012 Volvo XC90 Upper Rear Reflector Replacement