How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2003 GMC Sonoma 4.3L Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
Fits years: 2003
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 3/8 ratchet
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Insert the 3/8 drive ratchet handle into the square opening on the belt tensioner.
Step 3: Push DOWN on the handle to loosen the tensioner. You can now remove the serpentine belt from the vehicle.
Step 4: Using the routing diagram usually displayed near the radiator, place the serpentine belt in the proper position (around the right pulleys).
Step 5: Once the belt is in place, insert the 3/8 drive ratchet into the belt tensioner and tighten it. This will tighten the belt around the pulleys.
NOTE: The belt should be taut, but not overly tight!
03 2003 GMC Sonoma Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Headlight Replacement
- 1994-2004 GMC Sonoma Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2004 GMC Sonoma Side Mirror Replacement
- 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Side Mirror Replacement
- 1996-2004 GMC Sonoma Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2001-2004 GMC Sonoma Power Window, Door Lock Switch Replacement
- 2003 GMC Sonoma 4.3L Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
- 1999-2004 GMC Sonoma Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Front Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement