How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2003 GMC Sonoma 4.3L Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
Fits years: 2003
- 3/8 ratchet
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Insert the 3/8 drive ratchet handle into the square opening on the belt tensioner.
Step 3: Push DOWN on the handle to loosen the tensioner. You can now remove the serpentine belt from the vehicle.
Step 4: Using the routing diagram usually displayed near the radiator, place the serpentine belt in the proper position (around the right pulleys).
Step 5: Once the belt is in place, insert the 3/8 drive ratchet into the belt tensioner and tighten it. This will tighten the belt around the pulleys.
NOTE: The belt should be taut, but not overly tight!
03 2003 GMC Sonoma Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Headlight Replacement
- 1994-2004 GMC Sonoma Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2004 GMC Sonoma Side Mirror Replacement
- 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Side Mirror Replacement
- 1996-2004 GMC Sonoma Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2001-2004 GMC Sonoma Power Window, Door Lock Switch Replacement
- 2003 GMC Sonoma 4.3L Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
- 1999-2004 GMC Sonoma Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Front Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement