How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2004-2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
Step 1: Open the vehicle's trunk.
Step 2: Loosen and remove the thumb-screw that holds the trunk liner in place. Peel back the trunk liner to expose the tail light's mounting area.
Step 3: Loosen and remove the 2 thumb-screws that secure the tail light assembly.
Step 4: Pull the tail light assembly from the vehicle.
Step 5: Disconnect the wiring harness that attaches to the back of the tail light.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement tail light from Go-Parts, it likely includes new bulbs, as most of our models do. This saves you an installation step! However, if your particular model does not include the bulbs, simply turn the sockets counter-clockwise, remove them from the old assembly, and attach them to the new one.
Step 6: Connect the wiring harness to the new tail light.
Step 7: Mount the tail light by tightening the 2 mounting hand-screws.
Step 8: Replace the trunk liner, and secure it by tightening the hand-screw.
Be sure that this thumb-screw is secure, as it is also important in securing the tail light.
04 2004, 05 2005, 06 2006, 07 2007, 08 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Tail Lights Replacement Instructions
- 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Tail Light Replacement
- 2004-2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Tail Light Replacement
- 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Side Marker Light Replacement
- 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Headlight Replacement
- 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Fog Light Replacement
- 2004-2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Headlight Replacement
- 1996-2005 Pontiac Grand Prix, Buick Regal, Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Lumina Lower Radiator Hose Replacement
- 1997-2010 Pontiac Grand Prix, Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Impala, GM 3800 3.8L Ignition Coil Replacement
- Pontiac Grand Prix, Chevrolet Impala Front Wheel Bearing Replacement
- 1996-2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Lower Radiator Hose Replacement