How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2004-2011 Chevrolet Colorado Headlight Replacement
Fits years: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 10mm socket/ratchet with extension
Step 1: Lift the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Disconnect the wiring harnesses (2 - 1 per light) for each upper light assembly on the front of the vehicle.
Step 3: Disengage the retaining clips (4) that hold the front grille in place.
To disengage the clips, depress the clips and you will feel them release.
Step 4: Remove the front grille from the vehicle.
There are retaining clips along the bottom of the grille and on each side. With a FIRM tug, you will hear these clips release. Be sure to release one side first, then work your way along the bottom of the grille, eventually finishing on the other side.
NOTE: Any clips that remained with the vehicle when removing the grille should be removed and reattached to the grille. This will make it easier to reattach it later!
Step 5: Loosen and remove the 10mm mounting bolts (2) that hold the headlight assembly in place.
Step 6: Pull the headlight from the vehicle and disconnect the wiring harnesses (2) from the back of the assembly.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement headlight from Go-Parts, it likely includes new sockets and bulbs, as most of our models do. This saves you an installation step! However, if your particular model does not, simply transfer the sockets/bulbs from the old assembly to the new one. This process takes just a few moments!
Step 7: Connect the wiring harnesses (2) to the back of the new headlight assembly.
Step 8: Mount the new headlight by tightening the 10mm mounting bolts (2).
Use the guiding tabs on the assembly to ensure proper placement during installation.
Step 9: Reattach the vehicle's grille.
Use the retaining tabs as your placement guide, and "snap" each of them into place. You will hear them engage.
Step 10: Reconnect the wiring harnesses (2) to each of the upper headlight assemblies.
04 2004, 05 2005, 06 2006, 07 2007, 08 2008, 09 2009, 10 2010, 11 2011 Chevrolet Colorado Headlight Replacement Instructions
- 2004-2011 Chevrolet Colorado Tail Light Replacement
- 2004-2011 Chevrolet Colorado Headlight Replacement
- 2004-2012 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 Axle Shift Actuator Replacement
- 2004-2012 Chevrolet Colorado Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 2004-2012 Chevrolet Colorado Engine Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 2004-2012 Chevrolet Colorado Front Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement
- 2004-2012 Chevrolet Colorado Front Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 2004-2012 Chevrolet Colorado Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2004-2012 Chevrolet Colorado Ignition Coil Replacement
- 2004-2012 Chevrolet Colorado Master Power Window Switch Replacement