How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2004-2012 Chevrolet Colorado Engine Serpentine Belt Replacement
Fits years: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- 3/8 ratchet
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Insert the 3/8 ratchet (square end) into the square opening on the belt tensioner.
NOTE: You may need a larger pipe for leverage if the tensioner is a bit rusted or tight.
Step 3: Turn the tensioner CLOCKWISE to loosen the tensioner, reducing tension on the belt, and allowing for its removal.
Step 4: You can now remove the serpentine belt from the vehicle.
Step 5: Using the diagram provided (usually located on the air box), loop the belt as shown. Be sure that the belt is looped around the proper pulleys!
Step 6: Using the 3/8 ratchet, turn the belt tensioner COUNTER-CLOCKWISE to tighten the belt around the pulleys.
NOTE: The belt should be taut, but not overly tight. There should be about a 1/4 inch of "play" when pushing down on the belt.
04 2004, 05 2005, 06 2006, 07 2007, 08 2008, 09 2009, 10 2010, 11 2011, 12 2012 Chevrolet Colorado Replacement Instructions
- 2004-2011 Chevrolet Colorado Tail Light Replacement
- 2004-2011 Chevrolet Colorado Headlight Replacement
- 2004-2012 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 Axle Shift Actuator Replacement
- 2004-2012 Chevrolet Colorado Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 2004-2012 Chevrolet Colorado Engine Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 2004-2012 Chevrolet Colorado Front Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement
- 2004-2012 Chevrolet Colorado Front Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 2004-2012 Chevrolet Colorado Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2004-2012 Chevrolet Colorado Ignition Coil Replacement
- 2004-2012 Chevrolet Colorado Master Power Window Switch Replacement