How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2005-2005 Honda Accord Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 2005
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 10mm socket/ratchet
- 8mm socket/ratchet
- Phillips screwdriver
- Flathead screwdriver
Step 1: Lift the trunk and locate the small bolt covers near the back panel trim.
Step 2: Remove the bolt covers, exposing the back bumper's retaining bolts.
Step 3: Using the 10mm socket/ratchet, remove the two 10mm bolts.
Step 4: Remove the Phillips retaining screws that line the underside of your back bumper.
Step 5: Disengage the retaining clips found on the underside of the back bumper (just beneath the trunk).
Step 6: You can now remove the rear bumper cover from the vehicle.
Step 7: Remove the two 10mm bolts beneath the tail light assembly.
Step 8: Remove the three retaining bolts located behind the removable trunk liner panel inside the vehicle's trunk.
Step 9: You can now remove the tail light assembly.
Step 10: Disconnect the wiring harness from the back of the tail light assembly.
Step 11: Connect the wiring harness to the back of the new tail light assembly.
Step 12: Secure the new tail light by tightening the three interior mounting bolts and two exterior (located beneath the assembly).
Step 13: Reattach the bumper cover by simply reversing the removal process.
05 2005 Honda Accord Tail Lights & Bulbs Replacement Instructions
- 2003-2007 Honda Accord Side View Mirror Replacement
- 2003-2007 Honda Accord Headlight Replacement
- 1994-1995 Honda Accord Tail Light Replacement
- 1994-1997 Honda Accord Headlight Replacement
- 1994-1997 Honda Accord Side Mirror Replacement
- 1994-1997 Honda Accord Parking Light Replacement
- 1994-1997 Honda Accord Radiator Fan
- 2005-2005 Honda Accord Tail Light Replacement
- 1998-2002 Honda Accord Tail Light Replacement
- 1998-2002 Honda Accord Side Mirror Replacement