How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2005-2006 Nissan Altima Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 2005, 2006
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 8mm wrench (or deep socket/ratchet)
- Flathead screwdriver
Step 1: Open the vehicle's trunk.
Step 2: CAREFULLY pull back the trunk liner to expose the rear of the tail light mount.
Step 3: Slide and remove the wiring bundle's mounting clips from the tail light assembly's mounting bolts (2).
Step 4: Disconnect the tail light's wiring harness (1).
Step 5: Loosen and remove the 8mm bolts (2) that secure the tail light assembly to the vehicle.
Step 6: You can now pull the tail light from the REAR of the vehicle.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement tail light assembly from Go-Parts, it likely includes new bulbs and sockets, as most of our models do. This saves you an installation step! However, if your particular model does not include them, simply TWIST the sockets COUNTER CLOCKWISE to pull them from the old assembly. Mount them to the new assembly.
Step 7: Mount the new tail light to the vehicle. Tighten the 8mm bolts (2) to secure the tail light's position.
Step 8: Connect the tail light's wiring harness (1).
Step 9: Reattach the wiring bundle's retaining clips (2) to the mounting bolts.
Step 10: Reattach the trunk liner.
05 2005, 06 2006 Nissan Altima Tail Lights & Bulbs Replacement Instructions
- 1998-1999 Nissan Altima Headlight Replacement
- 2000-2001 Nissan Altima Side Mirror Replacement
- 1998-2001 Nissan Altima Tail Light Replacement
- 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Tail Light Replacement
- 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Cabin Air Filter Replacement
- 1998-2001 Nissan Altima Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 1998-2001 Nissan Altima Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2001 Nissan Altima Rear Door Panel Replacement
- 1998-2006 Nissan Altima Side Mirror Replacement
- 1998-1999 Nissan Altima Parking Light Replacement