How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2005-2008 Toyota Tacoma Tail Light Assembly Replacement
Fits years: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 10mm socket/wrench
Step 1: Open the truck's tailgate to expose the bolts holding the tail light assembly in place.
Step 2: Loosen the retaining bolts.
Using the 10mm socket, loosen the two bolts that hold the assembly in place.
Step 3: The assembly can now be removed from the vehicle (with slight pressure).
Step 4: Un-plug the electrical connection from the truck to the tail light casing.
Step 5: Connect the truck's electrical plug to the corresponding plug with the new tail light assembly.
Be sure that the plug "snaps" into place to ensure a secure connection.
Step 6: Using the alignment pins as your guide, snap the new tail light assembly into place.
Step 7: While holding the light assembly in place with one hand, begin tightening the two retaining bolts to secure the tail light assembly's connection to the vehicle.
05 2005, 06 2006, 07 2007, 08 2008 Toyota Tacoma Tail Lights & Bulbs Replacement Instructions
- 2009-2011 Toyota Tacoma Tail Light Assembly Replacement
- 2005-2008 Toyota Tacoma Tail Light Assembly Replacement
- 2001-2004 Toyota Tacoma Headlight Replacement
- 2001-2004 Toyota Tacoma Tail Light Replacement
- 2001-2004 Toyota Tacoma Corner Light Replacement
- 2001-2004 Toyota Tacoma Front Signal Light Replacement
- 2005-2011 Toyota Tacoma Tail Light Replacement
- 1995-2004 Toyota Tacoma Rear Gate Handle Replacement
- 2005-2012 Toyota Tacoma Tail Light Replacement
- 2005-2008 Toyota Tacoma Rear Gate Handle Replacement