How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2005-2009 Chevrolet Equinox Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
Fits years: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- T30 Torx Driver
- Flathead screwdriver
- Phillips screwdriver
- 10mm socket/ratchet with extension
- Door Panel Clip Tool (or putty knife)
Step 1: Open the vehicle's door.
Step 2: Loosen and remove the Phillips screw (1) behind the interior door handle
Step 3: Pry and remove the interior door handle.
Step 4: Pry and remove the trim panel that runs the length of the door.
This trim panel is just beneath the arm rest pad.
Step 5: Loosen and remove the 10mm bolts (2) that we exposed when removing the trim panel.
Step 6: Pry and remove the small trim panel that covers the side mirror's mounting area.
NOTE: If your model has the speaker attached to this trim panel, disconnect the back of the speaker to fully remove the panel.
Step 7: Working your way around the outer edge of the interior door panel, use the clip tool (or putty knife) to pry and remove the interior door panel.
Small retaining clips secure the panel to the door, so you will need to pry near these clips and "pop" them free.
Step 8: Peel the water shield down (about halfway) to expose the interior door handle assembly. BE CAREFUL not to tear it!
Step 9: Loosen and remove the T30 Torx screw that is beside the interior door handle assembly.
Step 10: Disconnect the interior door handle's wiring harness.
Step 11: You can now pull the interior door handle from the frame.
Step 12: Disengage the clips located on the back of the interior door handle to release the locking rods.
You may want to use a flathead screwdriver to help disengage these clips. When removing the rods, lift them up to remove them.
Step 13: Connect the locking rods to the new interior door handle by re-engaging the retaining clips.
Step 14: Use the retaining tabs on the door handle assembly casing to mount the component to the door.
Step 15: Reattach the interior door handle's wiring harness.
Step 16: Tighten the T30 mounting screw (1).
Step 17: Reattach the water shield.
Step 18: Reattach the side mirror's trim panel (and speaker, if necessary).
Step 19: Reattach the interior door panel.
Simply reverse the removal process. Be sure to tighten the retaining bolts and reattach all trim panels.
05 2005, 06 2006, 07 2007, 08 2008, 09 2009 Chevrolet Equinox Replacement Instructions
- 2005-2009 Chevrolet Equinox Tail Light Replacement
- 2005-2009 Chevrolet Equinox Headlight Replacement
- 2007-2011 Chevrolet Equinox Fog Light Replacement
- 2005-2008 Chevrolet Equinox Cabin Air Filter Replacement
- 2005-2009 Chevrolet Equinox 3.4L Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 2005-2009 Chevrolet Equinox Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2005-2009 Chevrolet Equinox Rear Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2005-2009 Chevrolet Equinox Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement
- 2005-2009 Chevrolet Equinox Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 2005-2009 Chevrolet Equinox Side Mirror Replacement