How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2005-2009 Chevrolet Equinox Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- 10mm socket/ratchet with extension
- Flathead screwdriver
Step 1: Open the vehicle's tailgate.
Step 2: Remove the small plugs that covers the tail light's mounting screws.
Step 3: Using the 10mm socket/ratchet, remove these mounting screws.
Step 4: You can now pull the tail light assembly from the vehicle.
This step may take a bit of work, as you will have to disengage it from the vehicle without breaking the tabs.
Step 5: Disconnect the wiring harnesses from the back of the tail light assembly.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement tail light from Go-Parts, it likely includes new bulbs, as most of our models do. This saves you an installation step! However, in case your particular model does not include new bulbs, simply remove the sockets/bulbs from your old assembly and insert them into the new one. This process only takes a few moments!
Step 6: Connect the wiring harness to the back of the new tail light assembly, and move it into place.
Be sure to use the alignment tabs to ensure that proper placement.
Step 7: Secure the tail light assembly by tightening the two 10mm retaining bolts.
05 2005, 06 2006, 07 2007, 08 2008, 09 2009 Chevrolet Equinox Tail Lights Replacement Instructions
- 2005-2009 Chevrolet Equinox Tail Light Replacement
- 2005-2009 Chevrolet Equinox Headlight Replacement
- 2007-2011 Chevrolet Equinox Fog Light Replacement
- 2005-2008 Chevrolet Equinox Cabin Air Filter Replacement
- 2005-2009 Chevrolet Equinox 3.4L Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 2005-2009 Chevrolet Equinox Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2005-2009 Chevrolet Equinox Rear Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2005-2009 Chevrolet Equinox Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement
- 2005-2009 Chevrolet Equinox Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 2005-2009 Chevrolet Equinox Side Mirror Replacement