How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2005-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- 7mm socket/ratchet with extension
Step 1: Open the vehicle's trunk.
Step 2: Loosen and remove the 7mm mounting bolts (2) exposed by opening the trunk.
These bolts are right next to the tail light assembly.
Step 3: Loosen and remove the thumb-screw that holds the trunk liner over the tail light's connection point.
Step 4: Loosen and remove the thumb-screw that holds the tail light assembly to the vehicle.
Step 5: You can now pull the tail light assembly from the vehicle.
Step 6: Disconnect the tail light's wiring harness.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement tail light from Go-Parts, it likely includes new sockets/bulbs, as most of our models do. This saves you an installation step! However, if your particular model does not, simply twist the sockets counter-clockwise, and transfer them to the new assembly. This process takes just a few moments!
Step 7: Connect the wiring harness to the new tail light assembly.
Step 8: Mount the new tail light by tightening the 7mm mounting bolts (2) and the thumb-screw (1).
Step 9: Reattach the trunk liner and tighten the thumb-screw.
05 2005, 06 2006, 07 2007, 08 2008, 09 2009, 10 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Tail Lights & Bulbs Replacement Instructions
- 2005-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Side Mirror Replacement
- 2005-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Headlight Replacement
- 2005-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Tail Light Replacement
- 2005-2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Cabin Air Filter Replacement
- 2005-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt AC Heater Fan Speed Resistor Replacement
- 2005-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 2005-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Front Door Panel (Interior, Manual Windows) Replacement