How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2005-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 7mm socket/ratchet with extension
Step 1: Open the vehicle's trunk.
Step 2: Loosen and remove the 7mm mounting bolts (2) exposed by opening the trunk.
These bolts are right next to the tail light assembly.
Step 3: Loosen and remove the thumb-screw that holds the trunk liner over the tail light's connection point.
Step 4: Loosen and remove the thumb-screw that holds the tail light assembly to the vehicle.
Step 5: You can now pull the tail light assembly from the vehicle.
Step 6: Disconnect the tail light's wiring harness.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement tail light from Go-Parts, it likely includes new sockets/bulbs, as most of our models do. This saves you an installation step! However, if your particular model does not, simply twist the sockets counter-clockwise, and transfer them to the new assembly. This process takes just a few moments!
Step 7: Connect the wiring harness to the new tail light assembly.
Step 8: Mount the new tail light by tightening the 7mm mounting bolts (2) and the thumb-screw (1).
Step 9: Reattach the trunk liner and tighten the thumb-screw.
05 2005, 06 2006, 07 2007, 08 2008, 09 2009, 10 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Tail Lights & Bulbs Replacement Instructions
- 2005-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Side Mirror Replacement
- 2005-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Headlight Replacement
- 2005-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Tail Light Replacement
- 2005-2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Cabin Air Filter Replacement
- 2005-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt AC Heater Fan Speed Resistor Replacement
- 2005-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 2005-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Front Door Panel (Interior, Manual Windows) Replacement