How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 2006-2012 Chevrolet Impala Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- Flathead screwdriver
Step 1: Open the vehicle's trunk to expose the interior panel protecting the tail light assembly.
Step 2: Using a flathead screwdriver, remove the holding tab in the center of the interior panel.
Step 3: Unscrew the hand-bolt and remove the trunk's liner near the tail light.
Step 4: Unscrew the 2 remaining hand-bolts that are beneath the trunk liner.
Step 5: With a few light taps, you can now loosen and remove the tail light assembly from the vehicle.
Step 6: Gently unplug the electrical plug that connects the lighting assembly to the vehicle's electrical system.
Step 7: Plug your new tail light assembly into the electrical plug of the vehicle.
Be sure that you hear the electrical plug "snap" into place.
Step 8: Using the alignment pin and the 3 screws, you can now put the new tail light in place.
Step 9: Reconnect the 3 hand-bolt connectors.
The first two will be directly against the frame/lighting area. The final one will secure the trunk liner into place.
NOTE: The hand-bolt that secures the "cargo net" into place will be different from the other two! This one is the hand-bolt that is outside the trunk liner!
Step 10: Replace the clip that secures the interior panel.
It should simply "snap" into place.
06 2006, 07 2007, 08 2008, 09 2009, 10 2010, 11 2011, 12 2012 Chevrolet Impala Tail Lights & Bulbs Replacement Instructions
- 2006-2012 Chevrolet Impala Tail Light Replacement
- 2000-2005 Chevrolet Impala Tail Light Replacement
- 2000-2005 Chevrolet Impala Side Mirror Replacement
- 2000-2005 Chevrolet Impala Headlight Replacement
- 2000-2005 Chevrolet Impala Fog Light Replacement
- 2000-2005 Chevrolet Impala Exterior Door Handle Replacement
- 2000-2005 Chevrolet Impala 3800 Alternator Replacement
- 2000-2005 Chevrolet Impala Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 2000-2005 Chevrolet Impala Rear Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement
- 2000-2005 Chevrolet Impala Rear Door Panel (Interior) Replacement